24 November 2016 - Laura Greenwood
You really don’t need to look far for a reason to create a December Winter Wedding of your very own here at Rudstone Walk. We have stolen from the poets for our first reason …. When December snows fall fast, marry and true love will last!
Rudstone Walk totally reflects the seasons of the year and we enjoy all the charms and beauty that mother nature bestows on us throughout the calendar. The Christmas/December winter wedding season is a true case in point. The stunning views from the Yorkshire Wolds across the Vale of York have all the rural seasonal backdrop you and your photographer could wish with maybe even the sight of pheasant, partridge and our resident deer!
A December winter wedding is a wonderful time to indulge and celebrate in some cosy winter romance. Here are our favourite reasons, including some more poetry:
– The chance to bring the season into everything you taste is just exquisite . A drop of sloe gin in your chilled fizz for the ultimate sloegasm, a warming glass of mulled wine with cinnamon and cloves, the indulgence of Beef Wellington as the heart of your meal, plum pudding with rum sauce, rich crumbles with vanilla custar, a port with your coffee and cheese and plum chutney as you talk, reminisce and enjoy quiet cosy reflection with your love ones. Winter Weddings just have cosiness and connections totally intertwined.
– With the scents of the Christmas tree and Festive foliage the scene is set so easily for you to connect all the senses at this indulgent time of year.
– “A December bride will be fond of novelty, entertaining but extravagant”– we won’t argue with that December has extravagance in abundance.
– With the shorter days and early sunset the opportunity to make the most of the extended evening is huge, with fairylights, candles, sparklers and even fireworks really earning their place in your evening celebrations.
– Everyone makes an extra special effort to get together with family and spend quality time in December. Take advantage of this as well as adding a very special reason for them to make the effort – it is definitely a win all around!
– Winter is longhaul southern hemisphere honeymoon sun or skiing in the alps with lots of opportunity to avoid school holiday supplements.
– The Great British Weather is not an issue! Everything is planned for indoors so the sun, snow or whatever mother nature wants to bring to the party is just a bonus and a great photo opportunity to record your memories against.
– Theming couldn’t be easier, you can just go with the richness of the festive backdrop of Christmas trees, twinkles and sparkles and fairy lights or you can add a glamourous twist with black tie and evening dress, go Gatsby with fur, feather and capes.For the grounded, rural types it may be just a great excuse to go and get some gorgeous new wedding wellies
– Spiritually the month of December represents unity & trust, a divine connection.
Whatever day you make yours in December remember… Married in the days of December’s cheer, Love’s star shines brighter from year to year.
Rudstone Walk is yours exclusively whatever day you choose and with that choice comes a beautiful season to make your own too. Come and view our stunning location, delightful stone barn and cosy, comfortable venue and accommodation – here just for you! Call 01430 422230 to book your appointment or simply come and experience one of our regular open evenings. We look forward to meeting you soon!